It took our breath away, we had no idea that the volcano was RIGHT THERE. Our tour of the city was amazing, with an amazing man. We saw so much, and fell in love with a city that is forever a part of us. The people were so welcoming and everywhere we went we were treated like royalty. Remember these...
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
One year ago today...
Brent and I had gone to bed in the pitch dark of Antigua Guatemala. We had heard of it's beauty but arrived in the dark not able to see anything but the hallway of our Bed and Breakfast. The Sunday morning church bells woke us up at 5AM as did the birds already up singing. We had a tour of the city planned for the day but as we got up just to look out the window and see our immediate surroundings, this is what we saw-


It took our breath away, we had no idea that the volcano was RIGHT THERE. Our tour of the city was amazing, with an amazing man. We saw so much, and fell in love with a city that is forever a part of us. The people were so welcoming and everywhere we went we were treated like royalty. Remember these...



It took our breath away, we had no idea that the volcano was RIGHT THERE. Our tour of the city was amazing, with an amazing man. We saw so much, and fell in love with a city that is forever a part of us. The people were so welcoming and everywhere we went we were treated like royalty. Remember these...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












3 comments:
Your post yesterday prompted me to go back and check out my posts from this time last year. We were spending our last weekend in Antigua and waiting for Sabrina's Visa on Monday. Our first weekend together as a family with our adoption behind us. Such wonderful memories!
Of course I remember those!! How could I forget Brent's European Male Handbag????? HeHe!
Ashley,
The church in your last picture...when I went on a mission trip there, there was a wedding there at night, it had candles surrounding it everywhere. It was truly on of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Antigua is beautiful, I can see why you love it.
Amanda P.
Post a Comment