I know... 2 sick post in a row and all I've got to share is PUKE! I despise puke! I hate how it always seems to rear it's ugly head in the middle of the night... I hate how it can turn even the most grown man into a pile of...well PUKE!
Baylor is sick.
All was well, wrestling as usual up until 8 PM bed time. I heard a slight moan at about 12:15... a few minutes later elephant feet were coming down the stairs. He looked at me white as a sheet and said "I threw up!" "Really?" I asked just hoping it was a dream. No dream, as I soon discovered, when I was elbow deep into what he had for dinner all over the bedroom floor. Typically he makes it to a "safe puking spot" but I think it all came as a shock to him last night.
Anyway, that leads me to one of the reasons it frightens me that I have 4 kids. Because with 4 kids the chances are about 1 in 1 that someone else is going to be puking within 24 hours. Which leads to another kid puking, which leads to mom puking, which leads to dad puking... and WE ALL KNOW what happens if dad pukes... the world stops turning for at least a few hours. ( Sorry Brent, really it was not meant as a poke at you... it is just that dad's really do not do puking well).
Well, enough puke talk for now... and hopefully... there will be NO MORE PUKE AT ALL!












10 comments:
Oh, God, is there anything really worse than puke? And, yes, when the Dad's get it, the world does stop. Mom? Eh, she's good! I hope noone else gets it. I know, fat chance, right?
I'll share with you the time that our oldest got the flu, and she'd had blueberries that night. Match that with a light gray rug. Yup, we have new DARK GREEN rugs now.
Thanks for the upbeat post!! Hope Eliza is better. Here after three days of 105, Reese now has Roseola. Gotta love kids!
Tummy viruses are the WORST!!! I hate them!!! So sorry - hope most of you are spared.
My dh seems to get it last. Never having much sympathy for me and then when he gets it "is this how you felt???" " I had no idea" blah blah blah... :)
Thanks for not posting photos!
I hope it was an isolated puking incident.
I am someone who has witnessed and cleaned up full gut content puke an average of every two days for months...I sympathize deeply. :(
I. Despise. Puke. I pray that everyone is healthy soon.
God bless.
Poor Babies! Hope yall are ALL feeling better. Ain't motherhood grand? :) Carole
OOHH - you poor things. Yes, the middle of the night pukes are the worst...second only to the daddy pukes. Hang in there - I hope it is a short bug!
LOL - but Yuck and more Yuck. Puke is a weakness for me I must admit. I can deal with a lot but puke is a toughy. Here's hoping this time it misses most of you. I'll be thinking healthy thoughts for you.
Um...yuck.
Hope y'all stop puking and feel better soon!
Oh gross! You know I never puked (ever) until I was a freshman in college and experienced alcoholic beverages. Now I know it is one of THE WORST things to experience.
I was laughing at your post about puke until mine started to puke! You are absolutely correct in the daddy's inability to handle it too, mine just stood in the hall making the puking sound while I was in the bathroom with the actual child that was sick.....at least it didn't last very long!
Post a Comment