Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A few notes

Wednesday must be Senior Day at K-Roger's... don't get me wrong I have several "seniors" in my life that I love dearly. But in the course of strangers at the local grocery, it can wreck havoc on a mom's routine. I usually do my grocery shopping on Monday but I had to take the boys to spend their birthday money so I waited until today. These people stop their carts in the middle of the aisle to review the details of the Tide for 7 minutes. 7 minutes that I stood their waiting because I could not get by, and I did not want to disturb and force them to readjust, or mess up their thought process. And then there is the kind grandpa that stares at me for 3 aisles until he comes up with the phrase... "I see you have eenie, meenie and miney... where is mo?" When I say he is in first grade, his mouth dropped and I am sure he came up with something else to say, but there were only 2 aisles left and I was on a mission to get OUT. It took me 30 minutes longer to do my usual grocery round... and I got less stuff.

Does that sound rude? I do not mean for it to... it just was funny to me how different K-roger's looked on Wednesday at 10 AM verses Monday... it really took me off gaurd!

ON TO MORE IMPORTANT NEWS... Brent gave me the liberty of leaving home before the kids bedtime tonight to enjoy the new Target. I clocked it and it is exactly 3.5 miles from my driveway to the entrance of the place. If I had a camera I would have taken a picture of my face entering this place... because I could hear the angelic host singing "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH" vividly! I walked around aimlessly for I have no idea how long because when I entered the building I also entered a time warp and I lost all track of space and time. I just walked around forever taking it all in... KID FREE. It was glorious... and I will be back... OFTEN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's great!! wednesday is actually senior day. julie and I saw that in the paper this past weekend and asked mom if she went shopping on wednesdays.