Monday, March 24, 2008

In the words of texting teens everywhere...

OMG!!!! ( except my G would be goodness)

It has been a day for the record books around here. Let me start by saying that we noticed a while back that the warm bath water always made Eliza tee tee either as soon as we put her in the water or when she heard it running. So we have been leaving her diaper on while running the bath and feeling for warmth before we put her in the tub. Then I decided to set her on the potty because my boys all did it when they were about a year old just before bath. But her bottom is so tiny it is like setting a newborn on the toliet. So to avoid bathtime in the potty, you really have to create a balancing act. She was not enjoying it much (I can imagine it to be not so comfortable) so we have not been doing it lately. However, she has gotten terribly interested in the boys going into the bathroom. In fact, after they finish their business, you can usually find her belly up to the potty lifting her shirt trying to mimick them. We have been giggling at it and removing her from the bathroom but have not thought much about it... because obviously she says NOTHING that would tell us that she likes the porcelin throne... unless of course she is calling it MAMA, DADA, UH-OH, or NO.

Then today we went to the gym and our usual grocery shopping. When we got home both Callan and I had to "go". Callan went, Eliza bellied up to the potty and I pulled her back so that I could take a turn. Then she just pitched an all out FIT. Hitting me, trying to push me off to get me up and MORE. I complied to her non-verbal reaction and stripped her down naked and put her on the potty. She looked at us smiled and PEED! After almost screaming... we celebrated with a pee pee dance. I thought it was chance occurance, until nap time when I was taking her to bed. She was dry so I just thought I would "test the waters" and put her on the potty again. THE GIRL PEED! She did wake up from nap wet, but when we got home from picking up Bay at school, Silas and Callan had to "go" again, and Eliza tried to belly up again. So we wanted to show Bay her new "trick"... and SHE DID IT AGAIN! I am amazed. I do not know if this will last as she is pulling on my arm now with a stinky diaper, but for a girl without any words... she sure did tell me she wanted to use the potty. If only we could teach her to say potty before she started using it.

I know this pic is not in the best taste, but I wanted you to have a visual of what my itty bitty teeny tiny must go through to accomplish this task...

6 comments:

TheOilHippie said...

That is awesome. We have the other situation with CiCi - everytie she takes a bath. I've been putting her on the potty before bathtime and she has been successful twice - but she's not asking to go, so it is not the same as your little sweetpea :)

Sonja said...

I'm going to be so jealous if she is out of diapers before Rhett!!

Bobbi said...

I love the pic--someday she will hate you for it, but right now it is precious.

Go Eliza, go! Reese likes to wave bye-bye to the pee--or stick his hand in (such a boy!), but no interest in going....though I haven't tried much.

Eliza, you have inspired me!

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

OMG is right. And the picture is HILARIOUS! Way to go Liza!

Stephanie said...

another potty prodigy :)

Sissie said...

Yea Liza! What a Big Girl!