Thursday, March 6, 2008

A milestone

Eliza has reached another milestone in her life. Today my princesea is 18 months old.


She is full of life and love and has brought an amazing joy to our lives. She has taught the boys gentleness in touch and spirit. She is everything I could have asked for and more. She is the girly, girl who loves already to have her toe nails painted and who carries a purse in the bend of her elbow. She puts on her fake lipstick as if it is a born trait and can see a shoe sale from yards away. I so look forward to all the years we have playing dress up and doing all the things mommy's do with their daughters that their sons would have no part of.

She loves us all, but is attached to her mommy. Since I was sick a few weeks ago she has had a little issue with needing me more and has gotten into the routine of crying in the late afternoon if I am not holding her. It is exhausting to me and I get fed up with the dramatic production of tears when I am "right there" but greatly need to finish the dishes or the project I already started. But at the same time, I love that she loves me and knows that she needs me that much. I know fully that she is attached and makes no bones about who she loves. She is teething at least one molar and one front side tooth ( she has had 3 on the bottom for months now and had been "woppy-jawed"). She walks and runs like nobody's business and she is so tiny people stop us everywhere to ask if she is old enough to walk. She has a few words but has been slow to develop that. I fully believe that while children are learning another major thing (teething, walking) they stop other things (talking) until they have the other stuff down. So where she seemed to be talking some a while back, she stopped with everything but the Ma-ma, Da-da, Bay, Ca-Ca, and No. She is back to throwing a few things out there and will babble a sentence of jibberish if she stops long enough. When I asked her today if she was ready to go... she said "go". I love it and can only imagine what kind of voice is going to come out of that little body.

Check back tomorrow for another milestone worthy of talking about.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

pure sweetness. I just want to gobble her up :)

Bobbi said...

Happy 18 months little one. YOu are just a doll. Mom, having a girl is a gift like no other. Sounds like she is on the right track. Purses,lipstick, and shoes--what more does a girl need?

I know the velcro baby syndrome myself. I feel the same as you.

Reese just celebrated 18 months as well. He too is slow with his words as he has sisters who speak for him!

For me, having a boy and playing trucks, cars, and digging in the dirt is so exciting. I love dressing him in jeans and a t-shirt and a baseball hat. I am so over pink!!!

SHe is gorgeous!