Well, the basement is finished! I have been waiting to post pictures after our furniture is delivered so you have something to see other than wide open spaces... which brings me to my OOPSIE!
The rec room in the basement is wide open right now. There is nothing in it but Brent's new "boy toys"(TV and sound). I fuss at the boys everyday for going down there and running circles as if we just built them their own padded wrestling room. Sunday afternoon I had Brent (who was in the basement on a bean bag studying for his Bible study class) proofread something I was working on. He was taking a long time and the inner 8 year old gymnast in me could not resist playing around a little. When I really was an 8 year old gymnast we would do conditioning by doing handstands up against the wall and holding it to strengthen our arms... do handstand push-ups... or do portions of our beam routines using the wall as a balance.
Well, I proceeded to do a handstand against the wall. I was afraid of plowing the wall so I was doing it softly and my legs never found the wall. After about 4 attempts, I decided to push it a little harder... BOOM... I hit the wall full force. I immediately came back down and noticed my husbands face was a sight to be seen and his mouth was full open. I giggled a little until I turned and looked at the wall. The force of my handstand knocked 4 holes into the wall. Now, in my defense...they were not big holes. Basically the "mud" poped out of the nail holes going down the stud. But, my hubby immediately got up and got the "spackle" and mudded the holes back up. We have to sand, mud again and then paint... hoping it will blend right in.
I guess I do not have a leg to stand on when one of the boys makes their first basement injury. And *I think* I have learned my lesson about reliving my childhood as an adult who is a lot taller, weighs a lot more, and can do a lot more dammage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












7 comments:
Not sure if I should laugh at your oops or be impressed that you can still do that!
Brianna and I played at the HES playground lastweek and I tried to hang from the monkey bars and then do a flip around. It seemed like it would be so simple...it was not. It all has to do with weight distribution and I weigh too much now. It's not my fault...I blame it on the swiss crack rolls:)
That is a riot!!!!!! Why as Mom's does it alway come around and bite us when we try to fool around?
I am just glad you are ok.
Can't wait to see pics.
This is why I love you! I l ove just waiting around for something like this to bust out!
I really needed a great laugh today! Totally pictured Brent's reaction too!!
Pamela
Well played, Jones, well played. I'm so seriously impressed that you can do that. I felt for certain this was a blog with a picture of your arm in a cast. Again, I say, "well played."
Don't worry, I won't tell your contractor!
:-)
Post a Comment