Thursday, July 24, 2008

Recognized


Well, it was a week ago that I was recognized for my blog. So I thought in order to keep the honor and priviledge that comes along with the award, I better get to posting and passing.

My friend, Teresa, gave me the award for being the first in our little community of friends to have a blog. To be honest, I had a blog for about 6 months before I knew anyone was reading it. I would be out telling my stories and people would say "Yeah, I read it on your blog." To which I would get embarrassed and just shut up. Like, who really wants to read about my crazy life and all we do. In fact, this here blog, was my 3rd attempt. I first created "Baby Pages" for Eliza to keep everyone updated and then I started a blog, but it locked up on me and I did not know how to fix it... so I started again. When people tell me that they read my blog I get kind of nervous and anxious, I feel silly that people would peep into our lives, see what we do and actually come back again and again. But then again, this can be my therapy. It is comic-relief to share our life and it is group therapy to get comments (like about BNTM) that help to support me and show me that I am going to make it.

I really love this community of bloggers. It really is supportive, entertaining, and just plain fun. YOu never know who is on here (unless you get sitemeter) You might be my mom who gets upset that I do not tell you the stories before I type them,or a good friend who gets a kick out of my inside jokes, or a casual friend who thinks we are crazy but loves to see how we make it all work, or even better a complete stranger that I did not even know exsisted until I found myself on your blogroll. No matter how you look at it, I think it is great and I love it, even though sometimes the complete stranger thing freaks me out a little. Thanks for visiting and for coming back. Hopefully I will find fun stuff to talk about for a while to come.

Now, part of the honor is to pass on the award. I hate that part because I would love to give it to everyone, that is how I am. But instead, since Teresa gave it to me for being the first in our little community, I will bestow it on the 2 ladies who did not even know I was looking, but I was. Looking, learning, watching, and finally brave enough to jump out of the nest and try it on my own. My adoption friends Michelle and Tricia. It was because of you that I started this whole mess anyway.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

((((Ashley))))

You are too sweet! I love checking in on you and your precious fam!

:)

Much love!

Michelle Smiles said...

Awwww...it has been an incredible ride, huh? I'm amazed at how it changed me and my life - and brought so many wonderful people into my life!