Friday, July 25, 2008

TEN YEARS



Yes Folks, it is true. Today Brent and I have been hitched for 10 years.

Teresa just had her anniversary and posted a great post about her wedding. I thought it was so great that I am kind of copying her (it is the best form of flattery-right?)

The o-so-sensual song you hear playing is the final song Brent and I danced to before we left our reception to go on our honeymoon.(I took it off but it was Marvin Gaye... Let's Get it On) When I say dance... what I really mean is that Brent and I turned on a little bump-n-grind in public with my red faced parents watching. It was a hoot and highly memorable by one and all. Add to the ambiance that all the attendees were madly blowing their bubbles at us and you had a scene like none other. Fun times...

The week leading up to the wedding was memorable as well. Brent literally finished up classes that week (well, in retrospect... no he didn't but that is another post for another day. Sorry honey, I told you I would not let up on that). I on the other had was at home with my parents finishing up with the wedding plans. Most of it is a blurr for me so I am very glad that my mom was all over the wedding details. With the help of family, my parents pulled off an awesome reception in our very own back yard, complete with a pavilion that my dad built.

I was a mess. I am not sure why really, other than I did not like the attention. The attention led to a nervous stomach which led to lots of tummy issues. For some reason, my mom thought an upper GI the week before my wedding was appropriate. Like I said it was a blurr, I do not remember putting up a fight about it. So, the day we were to sign our marriage license, I had an Upper GI run at the hospital. What I remember after that was my mom and Brent laughing at me a lot and forcing me to wake up. We had things to do after all. I remember them taking me to the licensing office to sign our marriage certificate. I remember getting out of the car telling them I was fine, but leaning like the Leaning Tower of Pizza and having to be caught. I remember giggling a lot and I remember being carried into the office and being placed in a chair. I also remember the man who was getting the paperwork together for us asking me if I really wanted to go through with this and if I were okay. Still in the background, my mom and Brent were laughing. I am so glad I was good entertainment.

We had a nice wedding. From what I remember. Again, everyone was laughing at my expense, a lot. Something to do with the Xanax my mom kept giving me. I thought I was just fine, doing what I was told... smiling for the pictures and such. But, everyone else thought I was "out of it". I had a very large wedding party. I had 8 attendants with my mom as my Matron of Honor. Brent had more friends than me and had 12 groomsmen/ushers. We did not have the heart or guts to not include everyone so even the ushers stood up at the front with us.


I remember when it was time for me to go down the aisle... I was good. My dad and I were chattin' the the entry. When the doors opened I heard everyone stand up from the pews and the sound of it took my breath away. I had no idea that so many people would come. It was a sweet ceremony. Some laughs came at the end during the exit. I had everyone paired up... but remember their were some boys left over. Two of them just walked down the aisle alone and then the final 2 "hams" met at the aisle, hooked arms and paraded to the back. Everyone laughed and it is hilarious on the video.

The reception was a blast with a DJ and lots of fun and dancing. I do remember struggling through the photo sessions with cake and punch. I even had to sit down during the punch photos. But if I remember correctly mom popped me another pill, and I danced the night away. Brent and I left (after our dancing display) and went to a hotel in Nashville near the airport waiting to leave the next morning for our flight to Jamaica.

I know it does not sound like it, but I had the wedding of my dreams. I always wanted to be a princess... and I was.

Honey, I love you... and always will.

9 comments:

Shawn said...

Well that was a SAUCY way to start my morning! Shawn will be so pleased. Thank you card is in the mail, I'm sure. hee hee

Michelle Smiles said...

LOVE that song. I usually hate music on blogs but I've played it 3 times. LOL

Happy Anniversary! That is one honking big wedding party but sounds fun!

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Ok, blame it on the mom, (it wasn't that many pills) I was seeing the chicken feathers beginning to grow. I had spent too much time and money for that to happen, and I also knew you loved that boy and would be okay once all the excitement was over. Now you know MOMMA is always right. She knows her girl pretty well. Love ya, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary! That is one big wedding party.

Teresa said...

Happy Anniversary!! I don't think I ever knew that you danced to that song. Now that took guts! Have a great day!

Amanda Pilkinton said...

Happy Anniversary!
Amanda

Bobbi said...

I love that story. I wish my Mom would have taken Xanax for my wedding. SHe was a crazy lady, and I can say that because she doesn't read your blog!!

I think that it was awesome your Mom was your maid of honor.

Unknown said...

It's been a while since I checked your blog, sorry. Just catching up and I love the anniversary posting!! You looked beautiful and I love hearing all the details. In the wedding party picture, I recognize some of the faces, either from when I lived with Rachel or from Jackson (my husband went to Northside and was friends with some of your bridesmaids). Such a small world!! Hope you and your family are well. Things here are good, but we are running into problem after problem in our adoption of baby Max. I'm sure you can imagine. Pray for us if you think of it.

Best,
Abby and the Caputo family