
On the way home from church tonight my 6 year old asked if he could go outside and look at the moon. Because it was already past bedtime, I told him yes... but to make it a quick look. I overheard him come back in and tell his brother he was looking for a shooting star because if you see one, you get to wish. When his brother asked what he would wish for... he simply stated... Eliza to be home. This whole "ride" has affected us all more than I think we realize. Just to think that my six year old's greatest wish would be for his sister to be home makes my heart swell and my throat tighten. I mean, my guess would be that he would say to win his baseball game tomorrow night, or to get the game ball, or perhaps a new gameboy game, or his new joy a Webkin. But no... he simply wants his sister. He alone has taught me about faith. In fact, I would have to say some days... I ride on his faith. He prays every night for his sister. He was praying "Lord, I just HOPE she can be home in 6 more weeks" peeking at me and my hands for the weeks possibly left displayed on my fingers. Now he prays to get "THE CALL". I had a parent of one of his friends in his class call me and tell me that he told her that we were getting her in 3 more weeks (a few weeks ago). I had to explain the process to her, but I told her that he has faith and he believes and you know... because he does I DO! My prayers at first were to have her home, in God's perfect timing, but to have her home... just because I wanted her. Now, my prayer is more that my child's prayer is answered. Why? ... because I know that he will live the rest of his life being able to see how God answered his prayer. At such a young age, Eliza will be a testimony in his life to faith and prayer and the power of our God. The Bible says "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Mark 10:15
My child has taught me more about having the faith of a child, and on the days that I try to take it back and figure it out and put it into my terms, I think about my son and just give it to God and smile.












2 comments:
I am so proud of my little nephews and this is such a great story. This will be one of those "God moments" that he will be able to look back to for years to come. I miss you guys a lot and pray that Eliza will be home soon. Love ya,
Uncle Bubba
I had one of those moments on Friday as you well know. If only their child-like faith could change the world's view on so many things. Hopefully the faith they have now will be the faith they share with the world in the future.
Post a Comment