Monday, April 30, 2007

Well, I wish I had something to tell you... but not yet.

I did however do a neat thing tonight. I went to Supper Thyme. I will let you read all about it, but the basics are that you go in to a place where all the ingredients are cut up and ready to assemble into freezable containers. You read the checklist and add your ingredients and you have a freezable meal to pull out when you need one.
I made 6 meals ( donated one to a family in our church who just lost their young wife and mother to cancer). Because my kiddos are not big eaters ( at least of this stuff) I split them all and brought home 10 meals to put in my freezer for future meals. If it works well... I will be doing it again soon so that we will have plenty of things stockpiled for when Eliza gets home so that I can spend all my time bonding with her and not preparing, cooking and cleaning up supper. I love the concept... I will let you know how they taste and how they do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I am so hoping that this is YOUR WEEK!! Please Lord, may Ashley receive a GOOD CALL this week!!

God bless.

Happy said...

We have a similar place in our area and my girlfriend and I were considering it. We thought it would be a fun Saturday afternoon.