Monday, April 23, 2007

This weekend

You know... even though I would love for the phone to ring at any given second, the weekend was really nice and relaxing. I do not think I have touched my cell phone since Friday evening ( and it had become an appendage).

We had a very nice weekend, busy as usual... but nice. Both Baylor and Callan play baseball and Saturday was Opening Ceremonies. We had to be there are 8 AM for that... then noon for Bay's game and 4:30 for Callan's. I like it when their games are closer together... it really made for a long day for Silas especially.
Sunday we got up to go to church, but I had to make a little side stop at the Urgent Care Center after dropping everyone off for Sunday School. I thought I had been struggling through allergies, but after I went completely deaf in my right ear when getting out of the shower, I knew I had to have it checked out. I will save you the details... but lets just say they fixed me right up and I could hear again my 8:45!!!! We also celebrated one of my nephews ( I have 7 nephews) birthdays on Sunday afternoon for lunch. It was his first birthday so it was so sweet and fun with the diving into his first cake. The boys had a blast. They do not get a chance to play with their cousins as often as they would like ( even though we are all right here and we go to the same church), so it was great that they were able to just run and play on a beautiful day. They did not want to leave, but we had to get home and get changed to get back to church for the choir's praise celebration. I am lucky enough to be a part of the choir... not because I can really sing, but because I love it. We are really spoiled, and I think we all take it for granted. We have LOTS of accomplished singers and songwriters in our choir. Just to name a few... last night Travis Cottrell (worship leader for Beth Moore) sang some of his songs and Melissa Greene one of the singers from Avalon sang as well. These two are members of our church and choir and are at church whenever their schedules allow. I get a little star struck when they are around, but it always goes back to what we are there for just worship and praise. That is what happened last night, a beautiful night of worship and praise.

No comments: