Sunday, April 8, 2007

BUSY... BUSY... WEEKEND

We had one of those... don't stop until you drop kind of weekends. Our weekend was full.

Friday night... our friend Rob Ellis had a (ahem... won't say his age) birthday party. It had a theme, and 50's attire was required for attendance. We had a blast at the party and even had a visit from the King of Rock n' Roll himself with a song just for Rob. Sonny and Cher also made a rare appearance and there was hula-hooping and jitterbugging going on. I post this picture with a disclaimer... this costume was really a costume... with full shiny shirt attached to the felt skirt and all kinds of netting underneath to make it stick out... thus the HUGE backside look. I was a diner car hop and Brent was the cook although he forgot his hat in the picture (just picture the Steak and Shake style). WHAT FUN!




Saturday morning we went to the church Easter Egg Hunt (FREEZING) from 10-12.




We then stopped for a quick Mickey D's lunch and then on to Opening Day of Spring 2007 Baseball for both Callan and Baylor. Callan had a game at 12:30 and Baylor at 2:00. This was Callan's first time on a team and although he loved it, it was quite comical for on-lookers. They did a great job and had fun, so that is all that matters. Baylor is (in my opinion) a good little baseball player. He LOVES it and really gets into it. He made the first out of the season and was very proud. He also got to play catcher which is on of his favorite positions (his other... first, he likes the high action spots) DID I MENTION FREEZING. Thankfully, my parents were there to enjoy it all and froze right there with me and Silas... who ate his weight in Easter candy to keep himself entertained.




The Easter Bunny made a surprise 5PM visit to our house too... we were all just laying around (already in our PJ's because we had to come straight home from baseball and get into the tub) watching a movie and we hear funny noises in the foyer. Callan went to check it out and what do you know... the Easter Bunny had left some surprises. THANK GOODNESS he came early. I had no idea how we were going to have time to enjoy our Easter Baskets and be dressed and at church at 7:45 on Sunday morning.





There are only a few times a year that I dress the boys alike... and Easter is one of them. I did not go exact... but I thought they were the cutest 2, 4, and 6 year old I have ever seen. ( Baby Sister Eliza has a matching dress waiting on her arrival too)






Church was WONDERFUL this morning. We had several packed services and a worship experience to set you on fire. Not only to we have an awesome choir and worship leader, we occasionally get blessed by having Travis Cottrell lead on a worship team. Not only moving, but GLORIOUS! Pastor Tom also seemed to have fire in his bones as he preached and was able to squeeze in his famous cabbage patch a few times.

Finally after church we stopped by our friend's the Dodd's house. Their son Jackson was baptized today and we went to show him how proud we were of him and to visit. Next we went to "Birdwood" ( aka Burwood) Communtiy Center for the Jones family Easter Dinner and Egg Hunt. I wish I knew how many Jones' are usually there... but does the fact that we have to have it at the Communtiy Center tell you how big the family is. And this is just my husbands dad's family ( all my hubbys aunts/uncles/ first cousins and their kids) the number is getting to be around 100.





Anyway... I am BEAT... still thawing... but BEAT!

No comments: