Today Eliza had her 15 month well visit. It went very well (except for the fact that it was a 1 and a half hour visit). Our little squirt is still... a little squirt. In 3 months she has only gained 1 pound and grown 1 inch. Since she has been home she has only gained 2 pounds... but she is "right on track" and is proportional for height and weight.
My concerns for this visit... her skin and her new nighttime habits. Take last night for instance. 2:30AM a blood curdling screms beckons me from a crazy dream. I realize it is Eliza and she went from out cold to full on scream in less than 30 seconds. When I got to the top of the stairs not only was she screaming, she was shaking. It has been happening about 1 or 2 times a week for several weeks now (since Thanksgiving). At first I thought it was her dislike of wet diapers, then I thought it was her tummy (thanks to beans). After last night... my girl is having nightmares! At 2:30 in the morning, my speechless girl had me thinking she had to have been bitten or there really was something hiding in her closet. It took me until about 3:30 to get her down again and it still took a bit of fussing. Come to find out ( you think I would know my 4th time around) that nightmares are common at this age and development level. My childs imagination is running wild in her sleep, I just wish I knew what it was about.
My baby girl also has pretty severe eczema all over. I thought it might be allergic reactions, but this weather turning colder has really brought out the dry skin. The Dr. recommended I lube her up with Aquafor 3 times a day and skip baths alltogether for a while ( like seriously once a week... we will see how we both do with that one).
Anyway... my angel is right on track for all things a 15 month old should be doing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












5 comments:
My 12 month old has Eczema too. We went to baths every other night and lotion twice a day. It has kept it at bay for a while now. But Ally's is not that severe. My doctor blamed the weather too! Sorry Eliza's is so bad. Nightmares - UGH I'm not looking forward to that. Hopefully for all of your sakes she'll out grow those soon!
PS - I just bought a baby doll for my daughter - thanks for the suggestions a while back. We found one we liked at Dolls Like Me, and I don't think I can resist the PBK Lucy one.
Night terrors.....I think Reese has started having some too. Too many nights of waking Mom up, and he'll know terror!! :>)
abigail had/has nightmares .....we have gone about 3 months without them now but it is very strange & scary for her & for us.....i hope they go away for eliza soon!!
I'm so relieved to hear that somebody else is up at 3 a.m. with a screaming (at the top of her lungs) child having nightmares. Josie's been having them for several months....they come in waves. Sometimes she goes right back to sleep and sometimes it takes an hour to get her calmed down and back to sleep. When do they grow out of this? margie
Doc made the comment within the next 6 months... so I am thinking between now and 2!!??
Post a Comment