Tonight Baylor's school had their Kindergarten and First Grade Music Performances. A few weeks back Baylor came home from school and told us that he was having a program at school and that he decided to try out for a part. He said he was a "finalist" but would find out for sure once the music teacher heard all the other kids who were interested. It totally shocked us. Recently, Baylor has preferred to stay out of the lime-light and does not want to draw much attention to himself. He has not been interested at all in trying out for our church's Children's Choir Performances. His words were that (at try out time) he did not know the words to any of the songs enough to sing them. So we asked him what he would be singing for this class performance. He broke out in song...
I thought love was
Only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else
But not for me
Love was out to get to me
That's the way it seems
Disappointment haunted
All my dreams
And then I saw her face
Now I'm a believer
Not a trace
Of doubt in my mind
I'm in love
I'm a believer
I couldn't leave her
If I tried
My SON stood in front of the parents of 8 classes of First Grade parents, grandparents, and significant others (I am thinking 350-400 people not including siblings) and sang a solo. I am amazed. He did FABULOUS. WOW! One proud Momma!
1 comment:
Way to go Bay! Our very own Idol! I sure hope Mom remembered in all the excitement to video your performance cause I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to hear it!
Post a Comment