Today my Silas is 3 years old. I have no idea where the time went my sweet baby boy. As I held him tonight with him laying on my chest it seems like just yesterday that big boy was laying in my arms as a 9 lb 2 oz baby.
This child of mine amazes me, daily. He has the sweetest most sensitive spirit. He is so tender that the thought of you being upset with him sends him into tears. He hates being fussed at and falls apart if his brothers do not include him. He loves his brothers and everything they love even if he does not understand a thing about it. He is rarely without a hat on his head and each day picks a hat the same as he would socks. He almost never wears the same one two times in a row and if he cannot find the hat he has in mind, we have to search for it...because the world will not be right without the Cubs, Cooda, Basketball, Titans, John Deer, Queen, Cookie Monster (Nike), Buzz, Seaside hat of his choice. He has a name for them all and you cannot convince him to wear a different one once his mind is set.
He is set in his routine and rarely changes things up. Once he finds something he likes he sticks with it. Like eating the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday and watching the same thing on TV every morning when he gets up. It is like he cannot move to the next thing if he has not checked something off his checklist.
He also loves PJ's and will change in and out of them all day. I finally quit washing them everytime he wears them because in the course of a day he might wear 4 different pairs. As soon as we walk in the door home he is either down to his skivvys or in a new pair of PJ's... and they each have names too.
I love this little angel with all my heart and if I could keep him this way forever, I would. But at the same time I am so excited to see what kind of kid/ teen/ man/ adult/ father he is going to be.
Happy Birthday, my Wee Wee!












3 comments:
He is absolutely adorable!! I loved hearing all the little things he does.
I loved age 3 with my kids. It is really a fun age. 3 1/2 not so much, but 3 yes!!
Ahhh...Wee Wee is three. Such a big boy. I will have to come over and give him some birthday lovin.
Happy Day Silas! I can't believe how much you've grown. That picture breaks my heart because it proves you're no longer a baby, but have grown into such a sweet and adorable a little boy. Where did the time go?
Post a Comment