It was a lot of fun seeing family that we do not get to see as often as we would like anymore, and letting the kids just play outside with horses all day.
Silas loved it!!!
Eliza did not know what to think of the fun!!!
Baylor was riding one not on the "wheel" by the end of the day all by himself.
Callan rode briefly when we first arrived, then would have nothing to do with it all day... he preferred things a little more his size.
And then out came the train... Callan (remembering the train from 2 Thanksgivings ago) asked about it when we got there and would not let it go. So my uncle went and hooked it up to the 4 wheeler. It is a homemade train. If you cannot tell, it is out of some sort of barrels with pool noodles on the edge to protect them. Just add a few wheels and you have got instant entertainment!!!
Also a hit at the party... our nephew!!! We do not get to see him that much, so we were thankful to spend a little time with them while they were here. I will have a post later on our photo fun Friday night.
Finally... Nannie... I OWE you big time for this!!!! Nannie gave our HAT BOY one of Paw Paw's hats. He wore it all the way home, into Kohl's so we could grab a quick pair of shoes for Baylor (we discovered his were just not going to cut it anymore), and up until the point of bath... and he grabbed it again as soon as he woke up this morning. He is a little obsessed with hats, and well... this is our first BIG WHITE HAT with GOLD writing!
I should also add... You really do not realize how much you smell like a horse until you enter Kohl's with 4 kids and try to find a pair of shoes in a tight space with other families. I had to make a verbal apology to those around us... because... well, I could not have complete strangers thinking that this family went into public smelling like horses on a regular basis.












3 comments:
You guys are so cute (all of you!). And it looks like everyone had an awesome time!!
Oh - what fun!!! That looks like Heaven for kids. What a great Nannie you have! Loved the pics... and I think I may ask my FIL to start working on one of those trains for our summer trips to the country. :)
I really got a good laugh imagining your stinky family in the Kohl's store. That's hilarious.And who knew that there are people out there who throw pony parties?!?! Great idea for the kiddos.
Post a Comment