Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weekend

I have not heard from Brent. I seem to be able to handle being away from him (he trained me early in dating and marriage because he would disappear for weekends and more all in the name of hunting), but the days without hearing his voice is what gets to me. I called his cell phone today hoping to hear his voice mail message but it did not connect to his message only that standard "You've reached the voice mail box of BRENT JONES". I guess it will have to do. I do not know if I will hear from him. The past 2 years he has found a way to call about mid week. ANYWAY... what have we been doing???

Saturday after dropping Brent off we came home and packed (WHEW... that was an adventure that almost led to an ER trip and a chipped tooth) for some reason when I tell my kids we are going to spend the night at Nommie and Gandie's house... they act like they just won a trip to Disney World...craziness!!!!

Nommie and Gandie's house is always full of adventure. Upon arrival Gandie was cutting up trees that had been struggling to survive since the 2nd tornado swept though their yard last year. That was immediate adventure for the boys, especially Baylor. That led to a backyard bonfire with hot dogs and marshmallows.

The bonfire... just as it was lit... before it died down for weenie roasting



Baylor ( with fire lit cheeks) working hard to light sticks and wave them around)


Callan protecting his face from the heat.


Silas on the other side of the fire. I thought it was neat how I did not even notice when I took the picture that it was through the gasses of the fire... it has a cool apprarance


The boys and Nommie working hard at dinner.


Finally Gandie and Eliza standing back and watching those crazy brothers!

1 comment:

Happy said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!!! YUM!! Roasting marshmallows!! Were s'mores involved?