Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thanks Bob!

I got this in e-mail form yesterday. It seems that our cry for help is getting through. Thank you to all of you who signed petitions, wrote letters, called Congressmen/women and more.

Oh, and Bob, could you go talk to Lamar I think he needs someone to tell him more about it or at least tell him it is almost the deadline... I will return the favor someday.

Dear Mrs. Jones,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about the Guatemalan adoption situation. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

You will be pleased to know I have signed onto three letters addressed to the U.S. Secretary of State, the President of Guatemala, and UNICEF encouraging efforts to allow those currently in the process of adoption to move forward, even it is not completed by January 1, 2008.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me as I serve you in the United States Senate.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Ash! Congratulations on a positive response. Nommie

Sonja said...

I bet all Lamar needs is to know that his response will be posted on your blog.......i mean, that would be like raising his senatorial status at least 3 bars!