Many of you have probably seen the commercials or ads that UNICEF puts out this time of year. They encourage families to forgo all of the sweet treats given out at Halloween and instead collect donations for their organization.
I wish I understood all that UNICEF stands for because I am sure there is some good and positive things going on. BUT what I do know is this... they are teaming up and encouraging the Guatemalan government to HALT ALL ADOPTIONS to the US. I will not go into their stance and reasoning, I will just say this...
An adoptive mom has written an editorial letter to be published in major newspapers before Halloween to discourage people from collecting donations for this cause. She wants the editorial to have some power in numbers behind it so she has written it in pettition form so that we can sign it. Feel free to click on the link, read her editorial letter and sign it.
Editorial and Petition
OH... and please do not Trick or Treat for UNICEF this year or you will be contributing to 3000 plus children not getting to come home to their forever families (ones that have already been relinquished by their birth moms and are in the system no matter what the government decides).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
I just posted about this last night on my own blog. I was asked to donate for the trick or treat for UNICEF. Poor kid that asked.
On my way to sign that petition.
Post a Comment